Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

On this day especially set aside for us to count our blessings, high on my list are all the friends that I have gained through the art of rubber stamping. I hope that you are all having a wonderful day with family and friends. We usually seem to be away for Thanksgiving, but this year we're enjoying a relaxing day at home with the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and a mid-afternoon dinner for just the four of us.

I have one last fall-themed card to share with you, one that I saved just for today. Designed by Jennifer Strauss, I received it in a swap I participated in earlier this fall. I really like the layout. It allows for lots of possibilities for usage of scraps and can easily be translated into a card for any occasion. The ribbon is also added to the card in a little different way. (see photo below for details) I really like this card too, because of the sentiment: "Happy Thanksgiving, happy fall, happy blessings to one and all!"



Stamp set: Happy Blessings, Sanded Background. Cardstock: Kraft, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red. Ink: Basic Brown (waterproof), Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie. Other: Watercolor paper, Watercolor crayons, Aquapainter, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, Horizontal Slot punch, Dimensionals.
Happy blessings one and all! (And let those blessings include help with the dishes!!)
Nancy

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin