Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February Stamp Camp: Wall Art

Our February calendar has settled in a bit (for us anyway!) and I finally have details for Stamp Camp this month. The theme this time around is "Wall Art: Inspirational Quotes or Name Frames." The dates for the two camps are Friday, February 19th (6:30-10 PM) or Saturday, February 20th (1-4:30 PM). This camp is unlike any I've held recently in that you will be chosing the type of project you want to do. And because the subject and where you decide to display this project are things only you will know, you will also be chosing the colors and details you will incorporate.

Decisions! Decisions!! Will you do a inspirational quote, or will you make a name frame to give as a gift or display yourself? Name frames make wonderful wedding or baby gifts, or are perfect decor for a child's room. No matter which you choose, you'll have fun creating a special one-of-a-kind piece and I'll help with the assembly.

The piece below is an example of an inspirational quote art piece that I have hanging in my home. I chose the frame and colors to coordinate with my decor, and embellished the quote with the "Baroque Motifs" stamp set and pieces from the Pretties kit.


If you choose to do a piece that uses a quote, you will need to decide on the quote, find a frame you like, and paper colors that will work for you. I can help you with those choices if you like.

This next piece is an example of a name frame that I did for a child's room. The printed paper is from the "Tall Tales" Designer Series Paper pack. Embellishments include pieces punched with the Large Star punch and Magnetic Movers & Shapers Big Shot Die. I added a Star Designer brad to the center of the large star.



Cost for this camp is $15 plus the cost of your frame and paper. Included in the camp fee are chipboard for letters and layers, and embellishments (ribbon, brads, cardstock for printing, stamping or letters). Materials (Designer Series Paper, Simply Scrappin' Kits, etc) you order from me qualify for a 25% discount, but must be ordered by February 15 in order to arrive in time for camp.

Registration deadline is Monday, February 15, and is limited to 4 participants in each session. Make sure you get your registration fee to me ASAP to reserve your spot. I can help you with locating a frame that will work for your project--all you need to do is ask.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin