Friday, February 20, 2009

I Just HAD To Do It!

I must admit, a project I completed recently makes me feel a little sassy! The minute I saw the stamp set called "Totally Tool" I knew I just had to have it to make this little project that I used for a recent swap. The stamp set is a cute collection of tools with clever little phrases that relate to the specific tool: "You hit the nail on the head!" (hammer, of course); "Love beyond measure" (tape measure); "Thanks for helping me out of a tight spot" (wrench); "You came, you sawed, you fixed. Thanks for all you do." (hand saw) BUT when I saw the screwdriver, I just knew I had to "correct" what it said!


Because the original phrase leaned toward the masculine side, I just had to "pink" up this project with the much-needed S! Of course, as much as I do like to have the appropriate tools for home-fix-it jobs, I don't really think of such "mundane" tools when I look at this project! Stamping tools are so much more fun!

Speaking of those, I was able to put several of them to good use with this project! The oval scallop frame was made with the Big Shot Die of the same name, and I added the "eyelet" holes with my Crop-a-dile. Even though the frame is chipboard covered with Bella Rose Designer paper, both the Big Shot and the Crop-a-dile cut through the layers with ease! I used watercolor paper to emboss the image onto because I liked the weight and texture the paper added to the project. Used the Aquapainter and color picked up from the covers of ink pads (Riding Hood Red, Pirouette Pink, Basic Gray) to color in the image, making sure that I made the non-handle part of the screwdriver (what DO you call that part?) pink instead of silver or gray! Told you I was feeling sassy! Pirouette Pink Taffeta ribbon completed my "pink blitz."

When I sent my swaps off, I also included a 2-layer base of Riding Hood Red and Pirouette Pink cardstock, just in case the little "plaque" idea didn't appeal to my swap buddies and they wanted to snip the ribbon hanger and turn it into a card front. (The oval scallop is just the right size for the front of a card.) The swap groups I belong to have certain rules and 2-layers is one of the biggies! But I'm hoping that they'll like my tongue-in-cheek project and not object too much to my "bending" the rules.

Gotta scoot! Lots to do today! I'm getting ready for the Sale-A-Bration Mystery Hostess Party on Sunday (1:30-3:30 PM). If you haven't RSVP'd yet, check that calendar--actually CLEAR that calendar--and plan to join us! It's always a great time!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin