Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Have some 3-D items to share with you today. Of course, it may have been nicer if I had gotten my act together and put at least one of these up last Saturday so you could have used this idea this week, but, oh well, it's me we're talking about here! LOL "Works great under pressure," that's me! The good news is that these concepts would also be great for other little occasions, or as favors for wedding or showers, so I'm letting myself off the hook!

This first item is actually the project that my stamp clubs tackled this month. While Valentine's Day isn't a huge gift-giving occasion for friends or office mates, it's fun to have a little something to slip in the mail or put on a desk. I incorporated our "technique of the month: faux suede" into each of these little treat folders, giving the hearts and the elephant some texture.

They're sort of a variation of a "matchbook" folder. When you open the flap, you find a little wrapped treat waiting inside.

Even though each of the folders is decorated a little bit differently, they all started out as a strip of cardstock 3" X 10" that is scored at 3", 3-1/2", 6-1/2" and 7". Fold on the score lines and use the scallop circle punch to make a hole in one of the ends to accommodate the treat. Two little Mini Glue Dots, placed where you see the little black x's on the sample below, are the only adhesive necessary to keep the folder insides together, and a 12" piece of ribbon tied below the punch out will work to keep the flap closed when your project is ready to give. The treat is adhered with 2-3 more Mini Glue Dots.

This next project is one that I wanted to keep under wraps until today because it is the little valentine that I included in each of my stamp club member's bags when I delivered their orders this week. It uses the new toy I got for myself for Valentine's Day--like I really ever need an excuse!--the "Bag with Scallops" die for the Big Shot.

When finished, this little bag measures 2-3/8" X 3-3/4" X 1-5/8", a pretty nice size to hold a little gift or treat. Can you guess what I put in the bags I made for the club gals?


This die is one of the "Bigz XL" dies and requires the Extended Cutting Pads, but other than that little thing, this die is a dream! Love it!! I love how the front and back of the bag are both part of that one long strip. Makes stamping/rolling so easy, and it would also be so easy to modify the bag, adding a "window" on the front with a punch of some sort. The scallop flap could also be trimmed away, making the flap shorter or a different shape if you wanted it that way. The die marks all the score/fold lines and cuts all the edges and that scalloped flap all in a couple twists of the Big Shot handle! I folded the score lines on those smaller side pieces in the above picture so you could see them better. (It's a really cool die, but it hasn't figured out the folding thing yet!) A little adhesive on the flaps on those two smaller pieces and the project's finished. My die arrived on the same day as all the club orders and I was able to get all the bags I needed done and ready for delivery in just two hours! Love it! Hey! I guess that fits the "Valentine" theme perfectly!

Hope you have a good day!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin