Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sale-A-Bration is Here!

Sale-A-Bration! If you don't know what that is,well, then I'm not doing my job!! It's only one of the coolest promotions of the year!! Place an order of $50 and you get to select one of 6 free limited-edition products: 4 different stamp sets, a selection of ribbon, or some Designer Series Paper. There's no limit, so you can get all of them for yourself or as a gift for someone! Take a look at the brochure and pick out your favorites! You can email or call me to place an order, or you can log on to my website and place an online order any time of the night or day. A bonus for trying the online ordering feature is that Stampin' Up! will include a free Spring/Summer '09 catalog with your first online order.

Of course, as usual, I got to order some "sneak peek" sets and participate in some swaps with some of my online demonstrator group. I have a few of them to show you today. This first card, designed by Dawn Olchefske, uses the stamp set, "Botanical Blooms." She cut out the flowers, and then stamped them again, cut out the centers, and added them to the card with Dimensionals. Designer Paper from the Bella Rose collection and Pink Pirouette double striped ribbon give additional texture to this gorgeous card.



This next card uses the Sale-A-Bration stamp set, "Congrats" as well as saffron ribbon from the ribbon bundle you can choose as one of your free selections. You're going to want to have "Congrats" in your collection--it has so many great greetings that aren't always found in a set of the "standards." Kelly Acheson also used the "Good Friend" stamp set. She stamped the "puffs" (upper part of card) on glossy paper and used Designer Paper for the pattern on the lower part of the card.


This next card is the one I designed for the swap. Like the pink card above, it also uses the "Botanical Blooms" set. If you only knew what the original sketch for this card looked like!!! And how the finished product is a "gazillion miles" different than what I was planning!
When deciding which stamps to pre-order for swaps, I usually make some notes based on my first impressions of the stamps offered in the pre-order. I will also make a sketch of any ideas that pop up while I'm deciding. About the only things that stayed the same are the colors and my use of vellum on the card! Not that the way I USED the vellum is even remotely close to my sketch!! It's no wonder that my craft room looks like a tornado's gone through it most of the time!

I had planned on a "portrait" style card; this is a "landscape" design. I had planned on tearing the vellum--and oh, I tore plenty of vellum. It's too bad that it all just ended up in the recycling bin! Wasn't going to use any punches, because my "swap mom" JoAnn teases me about how I love to use punches--but what did I go and do but use 3 different punches! Oh well, the bottom line is that the card is quick to stamp and that's always a good thing.

I used Eggplant, Rose Red and Artichoke ink on shimmery white cardstock. There are actually 2 strips of vellum, one narrow and one wider. They both had artichoke ink sponged on the edges before being layered with artichoke grosgrain ribbon and the punches (Designer Label, 1" circle and small oval. Stamping with this set is so easy. I was able to easily stamp the floral design in a dimly-lit ski lodge while my kids were at ski practice and still get a result I was pleased with.




There are lots of other ideas to share in the coming days, and you'll be able to come see them in person too at my annual Sale-A-Bration Mystery Hostess Party on Sunday, February 22. Details to come later this week.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin