Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

The last day of 2009--wow! I still remember the "Happy New Year!" celebration my daughter's kindergarten class had to welcome in 2000, and it feels like it was just last week! What they did for their celebration was so cute, and it worked for absolutely everyone! Us room moms scrounged up enough 12-inch squares of bubble wrap so each student had one, and when the kids finished counting down and yelled, "Happy New Year!" everyone stomped on their bubble wrap. Fun, safe, easy cleanup! Told you it worked for everyone!

Okay, so how does this relate to stamping? At first I didn't really think it did--I was just taking a trip down Memory Lane. I wasn't into stamping (gasp!) back when we popped all those bubbles. But, then I began to think about it. Being that I was first introduced to Stampin' Up! in April of 2000, the new year marks the beginning of my second decade with inky fingers and glittery cheeks! Ten years! Talk about a ton of stamp sets, a truckload of cardstock, and a whole new world of wonderful friends! It's been a great time!

Speaking of great, working with my new toys from the Occasions Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure sure fits that category! I've been having a hard time getting the Christmas stamps back in their appropriate places because the new silky satin ribbons--in perfect colors for Valentines, new punches and stamp sets that can be gotten for FREE keep calling me! I'm not using them for Valentines just yet, but for birthday card designs as I get ready for my 5th Annual Birthday Bonanza stamp camp that is coming up on January 15th and 16th. The card I have to show you today is one that I put together for a demonstrator swap I was in, but I like it enough that it will be one of the four designs we do at stamp camp.




The card uses the "Happy Moments" stamp set from the Sale-A-Bration catalog, and the new "Perfect Polka Dots" Textured Impressions Folder for the Big Shot from the Occasions Mini. I paper-pieced the gift boxes, augmenting the design just a bit.

If you'd like to join me for this stamp camp, so you"ll have a good supply of birthday cards with matching envelopes on hand for the upcoming year, email me to reserve a spot.

Hope you enjoy your New Year celebration!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin