Monday, September 14, 2009

Home Improvement Projects are REALLY Doomed Now!!

I'm still trying to finish up a few projects that I started while my family was in Australia last month. I have a feeling it's going to take even a little longer to finish those up now, as the UPS man showed up today with my copy of "My Digital Studio," a new scrapbooking tool that is in the Holiday Mini Catalog.

I'm pleased to report that getting started with the program is quite easy! I was able to play just a little last night and got two pages done lickity-split! There are pages in the program that are already designed and you can just "drag and drop" your digital pictures into them, or you can do your own thing. Stampin' Up!'s colors, stamps, embellishments and Designer Series Paper are all loaded in there. It's pretty cool!!

I wanted to see how the "do your own thing" worked so I chose all my own pieces for the first page I did. My scrapping style tends to be very simple because I want the pictures and journaling to be the "stars." These outdoor pictures were so pretty, I didn't want to load the page with a bunch of extra stuff. I played with ribbon and brads, and even added some "stamped" leaves whose color I changed from the standard black to Garden Green. I eventually removed the stamps because they seemed to make the page too busy. (I know, some of you will say that this page seems unfinished. . .) I love how the ribbon and brads look pretty real. With this great tool I may get our Arizona/Utah trip from last summer scrapped yet! There's an option where I can send my finished album to a printer and get a printed, bound book if I want to.




For my second try, I just plunked a few pictures into a ready-made page. Even though the pages are in there and ready to go, they are customizable too. This page that I chose to use showed a spot for just one picture, but I was able to add more and resized them too. I did the same with the journaling box, and shifted the position of a flower or two.

(Now that I'm looking at the page again, I see that the pictures could use some mats. I'll just tweak that the next time I play with the program. Everything I create gets saved and can be edited whenever it needs to be.)

I'm really going to like using this and I think you will too! I've loaded it onto my laptop so that I can take it to workshops and show you how it works. I also plan on having a get-together at my house later this month or early in October to demonstrate how it works. "MDS" can also be used to make cards, calendars and other projects too. Additional "stamps" and embellishments will be available to keep the program current with the Idea Book & Catalog.

House projects, I hope you can hang on a little longer!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin