Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Day Inspiration!

As you may have been able to tell by my last post, I'm more than ready to use this blog as an excuse to get more stamp time! As in, "Shucky darn, (insert family member name), I have stamp "work" I have to do, so that (insert so-called emergency supposedly only Mom can handle) will have to wait until later." Oh, shucky darn!

So I'm making my "excuse of the day" today be Election Day! Since this election will result in new faces and new ideas, I decided to use that same theme in my stamping today. I pulled out some Stampin' Up! new "faces" ("Starring You" stamp set, Big Shot dies Scallop Circle and Scallop Circle #2, In-Colors Riding Hood Red (RHR) and Pacific Point, and Pacific Point striped grosgrain ribbon) and came up with this idea for a birthday card with a bit of a patriotic feel!


I made the base for this card by running a typical card base through my Big Shot with the Scallop Circle die, making sure that the fold of the card was below the scallop cutting line so I'd still have a card that could stand up. Then I cut a circle that is about 3-3/4" in diameter out of Pacific Point. A star-stamped scallop circle (from the scallop #2 die) and the grosgrain ribbon are layered on that. I stamped two of the "Happy Birthday/star" images, one in Pacific Point, one in RHR, and used the 1-1/4 circle punch on the Pacific Point image, freehand-cutting (gasp!) the RHR image. Adhered those together, added some glitter around the edge and used Dimensionals to add it to the card. And the best part of the whole thing may be that now I have a rather masculine-looking birthday card made BEFORE I need one!

Have a great day! Make sure you vote!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin